TD-Kids and Money TD-Kids and Money

Well damn, that was pretty fucking good.

Wacky Delly Wacky Delly

As soon as the camera veered off and showed the Flash stage instead of a lightbox I knew this was the best thing.

Fluttershy's Inner Workings POV Fluttershy's Inner Workings POV

Made that POV really work!

Launch Launch

I don't even know what I'm doing.

I can't appreciate the gravity of the situation or the decisions I make if I literally don't know what's going on. I listened to the three letters at the start and all I could gather from it was that I was chosen for a mission to save earth and it was only through the authors notes and the comments below that I figured out an unknown, yet malicious force was approaching earth and I had to choose between launching an ark or 20 missiles at a *thing.*

There was never any explanation about why I couldn't just launch both or if firing missiles at an unknown civilization or lifeform was even a good idea in the first place.

If this was entirely a game about choosing the people to get on-board the ark, and being torn between my family, skilled individuals, government officials, people from all walks of life each with their own stories, it would have been leagues better. But right now we can't even appreciate the severity of the situation because we don't actually know what the consequences of our actions could be.

Where is the Ark actually going to go? Just keep everyone frozen in cryo in space? Is it going to try colonizing Mars? How powerful are the missiles? If I fire all 20 of them, will there be a SECOND ominous force waiting behind the first one anyway? When I first started the game, I actually thought I was being asked to fire missiles at earth itself!

I can understand the appeal in making a "you have one chance game" the tone and setting of Launch really wants to make you think twice about your actions. But it just seems like a huge waste of time and voice acting talent if you give a new set of letters after each missile launch, yet stress that the player can launch the ark at any time, ending the game and throwing the rest of that effort right in the trash. What if a player fires a missile, then thinks they are doing the wrong thing and launches the ark? I suppose you just intended for people on YouTube to finish the game for them.

Ah well, nice game, good music, decent art, have a great one and I look forward to your next creation!

programmermaverick responds:

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate reviews, especially ones with great detail! We'll take into consideration your suggestions!

Project Dimentia Bodhisattva Project Dimentia Bodhisattva

Well, I finally beat it... It's been a real trip.

I never really liked HTML5 as a platform for games, I always thought they handled kind of clumsily and felt more like someone had to bash a game together out of sheer determination, manipulating it into doing something it was not really built to do, that is until I played your game.

While I'm sure you've heard all about the clumsy (oh god every special attack gets it's own button) controls and shift being jump (where if you rebind it, the floaty jumps you need in Sky Chasm don't work anymore) I just wanted to say, I really appreciate this game and all the effort you went through to keep the game fresh and always subvert the players expectations.

Nisha is a fun antagonist and from the very first fight with her to the final one at the end, It never really felt frustrating, she just loves to brawl and everything she does reinforces that. A boss that revives you for fun? Aw yeah!

I hated the high jump technique, it really feels like a bug turned feature and while it isn't mandatory in any stage outside of the Sunflower one, I just hated having to time my punches, do the ground smash and then immediately jump just to get to a high ledge, I've done it at least 60 times during the game and never actually enjoyed a single one.

The stages are really diverse and fresh, and while I loathed the platforming, I loved the stories woven into each of them. The entire ordeal that was the Sunflower stage made the final revenge combo sequence one of the most satisfying story moments I've ever had in a game.

99.9% Hell gold, fuck yeah.

I loved how you tracked all the jewels and piggies you rescued during the sky chasm stage, just to turn it on it's head and show how ungrateful and greedy they all were.

You made a wonderful show out of playing with player expectations and I think that is really where this game shines, In a year I think more people are going to remember what Nishe does after the final battle rather than actually fighting her where you just crouched underneath her and used your fireball breathing clones to rack up damage and beat her in a minute.

All the characters were done well, I loved the way the music changed immediately to suit what was happening in the game, the way the music immediately became upbeat and hopeful the second you debug your first void was a legit "fuck yeah" fist pump moment.

I'm really surprised this is your first game and that there really isn't anything else by you anywhere else on the internet so far. This is hands down one of the best free games I've seen and if you ever make anything else like this I'd probably pay money for it. I really hope this game doesn't get ignored.

I don't think this game is perfect, I don't even think a keyboard can really handle all the moves you put in, but it has a ton of love and effort put in and it definitely shows. Best game, you deserve some kind of trophy.

Touhou with uppercuts.

TwinBlazar responds:

Thank you for your review. :)
-----
>>> where if you rebind it, the floaty jumps you need in Sky Chasm don't work anymore
Bug noted.
-----

UFO: Blackstorm shield UFO: Blackstorm shield

I am so sorry, but your game is just too hard. As of this review, nobody can even claim the "Beat the game with no deaths medal" yet.

It's frustrating because this is a fantastic challenging game with great sound direction and good design decisions like letting you demolish buildings while receiving 100% of the money back for them, but the whole thing was built around the player losing and trying again with more resources while at the same time offering an achievement for beating it with no losses.

I appreciate you patching the game too, but this is an insane measure of difficulty.

AleGui responds:

Allright, now the boss spawns about 1/3 of the ships it spawned before, and takes more time to shoot the big red bullets. I hope this helps.

Also try selling all your labs and non combat buildings before fighting the boss.

Neon Pixels (8-Bit) Neon Pixels (8-Bit)

Aw man, I love this song and I really feel like you brought so much to the table with this version of it. I'd place this right up there with the original.

Rawk on.

Crossing Lines Crossing Lines

God damn I heard someone else playing this and for a second I thought it was a mainstream rap with millions of listens, this shit is amazing and needs to be known.

i still think ur funny i still think ur funny

The song that plays as you sit on the street curb, having fucked up everything you possibly could fuck up.

I like it.

Duck Duck

Man, the new reboot of Ducktales is way darker than I expected!

Lana Vs Horse round 2 Lana Vs Horse round 2

Geeze, that's a big horse.

NekoMika~ NekoMika~

What's that? Oh, that's just the sound of glorious fan-art!

SileNt-Sam responds: